WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR TIME WITH US
At QWP, each and every practice trainee is recruited on the basis that they will stay and grow with the Firm.
New associates form the nucleus from which our next generation of leaders will emerge. We believe that your energy, motivation and new perspectives will invigorate the Firm and enable us to continue to provide effective solutions to our clients.
The Firm’s objective is to guide, train and provide you with the skill set to enable you to become a good, all-rounded, multi-skilled and efficient legal practitioner. We are dedicated to committing time and resources to train you and to provide you with exposure to the many different aspects of legal practice.
Our Firm has an open culture where innovation, teamwork and an entrepreneurial drive are valued. Senior lawyers are generous with their knowledge and experience and practice trainees are encouraged to be forthright with their questions. You will work closely with the senior lawyers of the Firm and be involved in work cases from start to finish.
OUR SUPERVISING SOLICITORS
- Lawrence Quahe
- Christopher Woo
- Yeo Soon Keong
- Michael Palmer
- Yeo Khung Chye
AREAS OF PRACTICE
The areas of practice which you can expect to be exposed to during your practice training period include 2 or more of the following:
- Civil litigation;
- Criminal litigation;
- Corporate practice; and
- Conveyancing Practice.
The firm handles a broad range of contentious and non-contentious work and practice trainees will be exposed to both types of work in the course of their training contract.
The current package for our practice trainees includes:
- A monthly honorarium of $2000 per month during the training contract and honorarium of $1000 per month for time spent at Part B of the Bar Examinations. The Firm may increase the honorarium subject to the performance of the trainee.
- Full subsidy of Part B of the Bar Examinations fees, EFS, dining and other compulsory filing fees, provided the training contract is completed with us and the practice trainee has accepted the Firm’s offer of retention as Associate;
- Medical coverage under the Firm’s medical insurance; and
- Outstanding practice trainees will be offered Associate positions within the Firm.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for practice training contracts should be sent to:
The Recruitment Director
Quahe Woo & Palmer LLC
180 Clemenceau Avenue
#02-02 Haw Par Centre, Singapore 239922
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the following:
- Covering letter and Curriculum Vitae;
- Your “A” level results;
- Transcripts of results in the first 2 years of LLB examinations;
- Acceptance into the Part A Bar Exam (applicable for overseas graduates);
- If you have served National Service, please provide details;
- Internship experience where relevant; and
- Any other information on experience that you feel may be relevant to your application.
By submitting your application, you consent that Quahe Woo & Palmer LLC may collect, use and/or disclose the information / personal data contained in your application for the purpose of processing your application. Where your application contains the personal data of third parties, you confirm that you have obtained all necessary consents to provide us with such personal data and that we may collect, use and/or disclose such personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.