Tay Liam Kheng
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Registered Foreign Lawyer, Hong Kong
LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore
Tay Liam Kheng
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Liam Kheng is fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin) and advises Chinese clients and on China-related matters regularly.
Tay Liam Kheng joined Quahe Woo & Palmer LLC in 2014 as a Director and his main areas of practice are Mergers & Acquisitions and General Corporate & Commercial.
Liam Kheng has been involved in numerous takeovers and/or privatisations of public companies in Singapore for both domestic and foreign clients including management buyouts and takeovers by private equity investors by way of exit offer in connection with voluntary delisting, voluntary and mandatory general offer, and scheme of arrangement.
Matters which Liam Kheng was involved in include:
- Acted for certain controlling shareholders of Kim Eng Holdings Limited in relation to their conditional sale to Aseam Credit Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Malayan Banking Berhad, of their shares in Kim Eng. In connection therewith, also acted for Kim Eng as offeree in the mandatory conditional cash offer by Aseam Credit for all the shares in Kim Eng. The transaction valued Kim Eng at S$1.79 billion.
- Acted for ATIC International Investment Company LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Government of Abu Dhabi, in the S$5.6 billion acquisition of Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd., by way of a scheme of arrangement.
Liam Kheng also advises on private mergers & acquisitions transactions such as:
- Acted as Singapore counsel for Xebio Co., Ltd., a company incorporated in Japan and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in its acquisition of the golf business of Transview Holdings Limited, a company listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acted for Jones Lang LaSalle in its acquisition of Credo Group of Companies by way of shares and assets acquisition.
- Acted for Navis Capital Partners in the sale of its entire investment in King's Safetywear Limited by way of a managed auction process which also involved warranty and indemnity insurance. This was subsequent to the initial voluntary conditional cash offer exercise by Navis Capital Partners which Liam Kheng was also involved in.
- Acted as transaction counsel for IBM in its multi-national acquisition of Red Pill Solutions Pte Ltd by way of an assets acquisition.
In the area of General Corporate & Commercial work, Liam Kheng advises both listed and non-listed companies across a broad spectrum including in areas such as employment and commercial contracts. Liam Kheng was involved in the voluntary liquidation of United International Securities Limited and shareholders' requisitions by shareholder activist and regularly advises listed companies on listing rules and corporate governance. Liam Kheng had also advised numerous listed companies on the watch-list of the Singapore Exchange including delisting by the Singapore Exchange.