Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Registered Foreign Lawyer, Hong Kong
LLB (Hons), University of Bristol
Graduate Diploma in Singapore Law, National University of Singapore
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Wei-Jin Lee is an Associate Director at Quahe Woo & Palmer and our resident foreign lawyer in our Hong Kong office.
Wei-Jin was trained and was called to the Singapore Bar at a large local law firm where he spent several years working on a wide range of corporate matters and transactions. He also practised at a magic circle firm where he was involved in cross-border transactions and private equity work, particularly in the ASEAN region.
Wei-Jin specialises in mergers and acquisitions work (both public and private), including joint ventures, schemes of arrangement, privatisations/delistings and divestments.
Wei-Jin also regularly provides general corporate and employment advice across various industry sectors and advises public companies listed on the Singapore Exchange on compliance and corporate governance matters.
His deal experience includes advising:
- Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch, China International Capital Corporation (Singapore) Pte. Limited and DBS Bank Ltd. as joint financial advisers to JCET-SC (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. in relation to its pre-conditional voluntary general offer for STATS ChipPac Ltd;
- Advanced Technology Investment Company LLC, a technology investment company wholly-owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi, in relation to its acquisition of Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd. (listed on the Singapore Exchange) by way of a scheme of arrangement;
- certain controlling shareholders of Kim Eng Holdings Limited in relation to their conditional sale to Maybank IB Holdings Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Malayan Banking Berhad, of 44.63% of the issued shares in the capital of Kim Eng and Kim Eng as offeree company in the mandatory cash offer triggered by Maybank for Kim Eng;
- Sakari Resources Limited (formerly known as Straits Asia Resources Limited) in the mandatory unconditional cash offer by PTT Mining Limited (a wholly-owned subsidiary of the investment arm of PTT Public Company Limited, which is majority-owned by the Thai Ministry of Finance following the privatisation and incorporatisation of the Petroleum Authority of Thailand) for Sakari;
- TE Connectivity in its restructuring of its network solutions business for its subsequent divestment to CommScope, Inc.;
- Hankore Environment Tech Group Limited in relation to its acquisition of China Everbright Water Investments Limited (a wholly-owned subsidiary of China Everbright International Limited listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange) by way of a reverse takeover;
- Cordlife Group Limited in its acquisition of an aggregate 31.81% stake in Malaysia Bursa-listed StemLife Berhad and acquisition of the cord blood and cord tissue banking businesses of Australian-listed Life Corporation Limited (formerly known as Cordlife Limited);
- Barry Callebaut AG, as Singapore counsel, in relation to its acquisition of Petra Foods Limited's Cocoa Ingredients Division;
- Teleflex Inc., a leading global provider of medical devices, in its acquisition of all or substantially all of the assets of LMA International N.V., a Curacao-incorporated company listed on the Singapore Exchange; and
- Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 500 company and semiconductor-product distributor listed on the New York Stock Exchange, in its acquisition of all of the assets and operations of the RF, Wireless and Power Division of Richardson Electronics Ltd.