Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Registered Foreign Lawyer, Hong Kong
LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Ranked as “Rising Star” for M&A in 2019 edition of IFLR1000
- Kenneth is a co-author of the Singapore Chapter in "Getting the Deal Through – Private Equity (Transactions) 2012".
Kenneth Leong is a Mergers & Acquisitions specialist with extensive experience in general corporate and commercial transactions.
His areas of specialisation include takeovers and general offers involving public listed companies in Singapore, private equity-led privatisations and vendor auction sale processes.
Kenneth has also been involved in a wide array of sophisticated local and cross-border private M&A transactions, ranging from joint ventures to asset/share acquisitions and disposals involving businesses in specialised sectors such as medical technology, retail/global logistics and food & beverage.
Apart from transactional expertise, Kenneth also advises several private-equity portfolio companies on general corporate matters, including corporate governance, compliance, regulatory and employment matters.
Significant deals in which Kenneth had been involved include acting for:
- RRJ Capital-led consortium in a competitive bid to acquire Global Logistic Properties Limited in 2017 – the deal (valued by the final bidder at approx. S$16 billion) was the largest private equity buy-out of an Asian company by enterprise value;
- Accuron MedTech Group (a subsidiary of Temasek Holdings), STMicroelectronics and other vendors in the auction sale of Veredus Laboratories Pte Ltd to Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd in 2018 – in one of the largest biotech exits in Singapore;
- Founder David Low and Heliconia Capital (a subsidiary of Temasek Holdings) in their sale of Futuristic Store Fixtures Pte Ltd to V3 Group Limited (owned by Ron Sim, founder of Osim Group) for approx. S$75 million in 2017;
- Skyworks Solutions Inc, in its acquisition of Panasonic Corporation’s remaining 34% interest in their high performance surface acoustic wave and temperature compensated devices joint venture business for US$76.5 million in 2016;
- Capital Vantage Pte Limited in its exit offer for all the shares of China Hongcheng Holdings Limited in connection with the directed delisting of China Hongcheng in 2016;
- Platform Specialty Products Corporation (listed on NYSE) in its acquisition of OM Group Inc’s electronic chemicals and photomasks businesses from Apollo Global Management LLC for US$365 million in 2015;
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P., in its acquisition of Goodpack Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement for an aggregate consideration of approx. S$1.4 billion in 2014;
- KOP Group Pte. Ltd. in its reverse takeover of Scorpio East Holdings Ltd. for S$150 million in 2014;
- STX OSV Holdings Limited (thereafter known as Vard Holdings Limited), in the pre-conditional mandatory cash offer by Fincantieri Oil & Gas S.p.A. for S$730 million in 2013;
- Standard Chartered Private Equity and L Capital in its auctioned sale of Sincere Watch Limited for S$232 million in 2012; and
- Western Digital Corporation, in its share acquisition of Viviti Technologies Ltd. (the hard disk drive arm of Hitachi, Ltd.) for approximately US$4.8 billion. This deal was recognised as one of Asian-Mena Counsel’s "Deals of the Year" for 2012.