Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Keith volunteers as a junior assisting counsel with the Legal Assistance Scheme for Capital Offences.
Keith Lim graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2012 with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court in 2013.
Keith's primary area of practice is in litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution. He has acted in and assisted in litigation at all levels of Singapore's courts, ad-hoc and institutional commercial arbitrations, and adjudications under the Security of Payments Act.
Keith has been involved in handling a wide range of contentious matters including company and shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, construction disputes, defamation, employment disputes, insolvency, shipping, as well as criminal defence litigation.
Some of the matters which Keith has been involved in include:
- Acting for the majority shareholders in a Life Sciences Products distribution company in a shareholders’ dispute;
- Acted for a foreign bank to obtain freezing orders against a former employee in relation to claims for mis-selling of investment products;
- Acted for a company and director who were served with a domestic Mareva Injunction in relation to a claim in conspiracy and dishonest assistance;
- Acted for employees in the defence of a claim for breach of confidentiality, breach of non-competition and non-solicitation clauses and breach of fiduciary duty;
- Acted for an employee and director in an arbitration against a Company listed on the NYSE
- Acted for an owner in defending a claim against a contractor for retention sums in relation to addition and alteration works in a residential project;
- Acted for a main contractor in its defence of a claim by its sub-contractor for a claim for misrepresentation and breach of contract in relation to excavation works in a commercial project
- Acted for Liquidators in a claim against the former directors of a liquidated company for breach of fiduciary duties, misfeasance, and breach of statutory obligations
- Acting for bunker barge owners, after the collapse of O.W. Bunker, to defend claims for alleged delivery of bunkers without production of bills of lading;
- Acted for the owners of a barge which ran aground on Pedra Branca, including the removal of the wreck and cargo
- Instructed Hong Kong Counsel in a cross border dispute between related companies
Some of the reported decisions which Keith has been involved in include: -
- The “Star Quest” and Ors  3 SLR 1280
- Public Prosecutor v Kho Jabing  2 SLR 112; Public Prosecutor v Kho Jabing  1 SLR 973
- Micheal Anak Garing v Public Prosecutor and another appeal -  SGCA 07; Public Prosecutor v Micheal Anak Garing and another  SGHC 107; Public Prosecutor v Micheal Anak Garing and another  SGHC 13